Best Fettuccine Recipes
Fettuccine is also popularly known as ribbon pasta, though visually it may look like flattened noodles, this pasta is very popular in Italian as well as Romanian cuisine. Some globally popular and scrumptious fettuccine pasta recipes can be whipped up with ease at home, some of these recipes include that of:
The alfredo sauce created in 1920 by Alfred di lello may have evolved over the years, but is still a treat to the pallet and remains a favorite amongst many across the world. Fettuccine alfredo is a rich and creamy dish packed with nutrition as well as bold flavours.
1 packet of whole wheat fettuccine 2 teaspoons corn flour, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water 2 tablespoons sour cream 1 cup vegetable broth 4 large garlic cloves 1 small zucchini, chopped A pinch of nutmeg (freshly grated) Freshly ground pepper, as per taste 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
Method and Preparation
1. Boil water in a large saucepan and add in the vegetable broth and garlic cloves, bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes. Cook the fettuccine in boiling water and a pinch of salt for about 8 to 10 minutes, add the zucchini and cook for another couple of minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Blend the garlic and broth mixture in a food processor until it is smooth and put it back into the pan to simmer. Slowly add the corn flour to the mix and stir continuously until the mixture begins to slightly thicken and remove from the heat.
3. Add the nutmeg, sour cream and the seasoning to the mixture and mix well. Add in the pasta and the zucchini and toss well. To serve, sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley and serve hot. This dish takes about 30 minutes to cook and serves up to 4 persons.
Creamy scallop pea fettuccine
A combination of sweet, creamy, mouth watering yet low fat, this dish is a treat to the pallet and its delicate flavors and textures further add to the richness of the pasta.
200 grams wheat fettuccine (1 packet) 400 grams sea scallops 200 ml clam juice (1 can) 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 3 cups fresh or frozen green peas 1 cup low fat milk 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon white pepper 1/3 cup chives, finely chopped 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest 1 teaspoon lemon juice Salt as per taste
Homemade Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Recipe For Delicious Chicken Alfredo
Roasted Red Pepper Salmon Pasta Recipe
Mouthwatering Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
Method and Preparation
1. Cook the pasta as per the directions given on the packet. And leave to cool. Pat dry the scallops and sprinkle with some salt. Cook the scallops on medium heat until golden brown and transfer to a plate. In a saucepan whisk together the clam juice, milk flour and seasoning and simmer, stirring constantly until its consistency is relatively thick.
2. Add in the green peas and the scallops and simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the fettuccine, cheese, lemon zest and juice and the fresh chives. To serve, garnish with some fresh chives and grated cheese and serve hot. This dish takes about 40 minutes to cook and serves up to 4 persons.